Gusev (until 1946 Gumbinnen) is a city in the Kaliningrad region. The population is about 29 thousand people. The Pissa River divides it into two parts - the right bank "Old Town" and the left bank "New Town", which are connected by two reinforced concrete road bridges and one pedestrian bridge.
The city has always been an industrial center. Yes, there were many industrial enterprises located here, such as an agricultural machinery plant, a gas plant, a locomotive depot, an electrical equipment assembly shop of the Opel plant, a furniture factory, four brick factories. The food industry was represented by a beer factory, two mills, cheese and butter factories. During the Soviet period, the city housed a lighting fittings plant, a Microdrive plant, a Chaika factory, a thermal power plant, and a butter factory. After Perestroika, many industrial enterprises fell into disrepair. At the beginning of the XXI century, the restoration of industry begins slowly. In partnership with the European Union, a wastewater treatment plant is being built in the city. Since 2008, a project to create an innovative cluster of Technopolis GS has been implemented in Gusev. In 2009 , the first plants in its composition were opened: NGO "Digital Television Systems" (production of set-top boxes) and "Prankor" (production of TV receiver cases). In 2010, two new production facilities were opened: the Bely Klyuch house-building plant and the First Cardboard Factory. GS Nanotech, a microelectronics development and production center (SSD drives), was commissioned in 2012.